Monday, October 18, 2010

Trails

I went on a church retreat this past weekend. We went to the lake land retreat center. That place was beautiful, and extremely large. For one of the teachings we got to go have alone time with God. Now the place has a gorgeous lake and there's gazebo type things you can sit on and look out across it to the hills and see the sun and all the pretty trees. So during my alone time i decided to go there, the only problem was that the only way to get there was through this path, it was shaded and there were all these creepy crawler things in it. But the thing i noticed most about this path was how easy it would be to get lost.
If i stepped to far to the left or right, i would be lost in this forest with no way to find my way back. So that got me thinking about my relationship with God. 
My life is that trail. Dark, cold, and uncertain. With all types of things that are going to try to get me off track. But as i walked farther and farther into the path i started to see the lake, the sun was at the perfect angle to where it was reflecting the water. I realized if i focused on the lake and let the lake pull me to itself i would be able to get out. I think God is pulling me towards him, screaming out my name and all i have to do is walk to Him, because He'll always pull me to exactly where He wants me to be. All i need to do is listen and look.

No comments:

Post a Comment