Thursday, October 14, 2010

Unmoving Love

"When did love become unmoving? When did love become unconsuming?      Forgetting what the world has told me. Father of love you can have me, you can have me."  
There's so much truth to that song. I know for me i wish i could be living that song up all day, everyday. Totally on fire for Him, but we all know that's not true. Its hard to focus on that unmoving love throughout my days. Good and bad. But especially the good. 
Now that sounds a little backwards, but have you ever really stopped to think about when you really get down on your hands and knees to pray? For me its when I'm hurting, and more than less, its when I'm hurting really bad. Or when I'm so helplessly lost i cant even begin to find my way back.
I'm not begging Him to hold me when I'm in a great mood. Of course I thank Him and talk to Him, but its not the same satisfaction, that same wave of serenity when I'm begging Him to notice me during the bad times.
Love that's unmoving,is so hard to come by. I wonder what would happen if everyone who was lost looked to the Father of love? where would the world be.


No comments:

Post a Comment